Open now

Sun

• 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM

Other Bike Rentals Nearby

Sponsored
    e-RYDE Electric Bikes LA Showroom
    4.5 (84 reviews)

8.0 miles away from this business

Richard L. said"This is the best Electric Bike Store in the whole West side of Los Angeles. They have a wide selection of all the good stuff. I think they sell some not so expensive models as well. They were very generous to let me road test them.…"read more

in Bike Repair/maintenance, Bike Rentals, Bikes

The ReCYCLIST Bicycle Shop- Bicycle Sales, Service & Bike Rental
    4.0 (258 reviews)

3.4 miles away from this business

S F. said"First of all, I want to say with the COVID virus, Bike Shops are ESSENTIAL. With gym closures I was suddenly wondering how to exercise, especially cardio. Thought I'd take a gamble and trade an existing bike at Recyclist. While they…"read more

in Bike Repair/maintenance, Bikes, Bike Rentals

Amenities and More

About the Business

Established in 1977. Perry's Beach Café and Rentals has been an integral part of the Los Angeles beach scene and an icon in the beach community for over 40 years. With twelve prime locations throughout Santa Monica and Venice beach, including seven open air Cafés, we possess a large array of amenities at your convenience. We offer an assortment of beach and bike rentals, delicious foods with fresh ingredients prepared daily, and a variety of items to satisfy your palate. Come and relax at one of our lounge areas, eat with friends, get pampered by our Beach Butlers or simply enjoy a bike ride... we have something for everyone! Perry's has been sought out as the ideal beach side location for full-service corporate and private events, holiday parties, weddings, destination tours, birthday parties and volleyball tournaments for more than 30 years. Providing a unique, friendly, open air-environment, Perry's perfectly exemplifies the California lifestyle. Credible and available 365 days a year.

Ask the Community

Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about Perry's Cafe and Beach Rentals - Santa Monica.

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Perry's Cafe and Beach Rentals - Santa Monica

Overall rating

134 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Jaslyn A.
      Jaslyn A.
      Houston, TX
      Nov 14, 2023

I rented 2 bikes from Perry's today at the Venice beach location for 2 hours.. I bought the key and lock for extra security. We rode to Santa Monica and parked our bikes at the pier and 2 other restaurants. The last restaurant which was Perry's cafe & rental... 1 bike was stolen. It happened to be stolen in front of the 2nd Perry bike rental location. 5 steps away from the MAIN office 1 bike was stolen. The lock was secured on both bikes and we were only away for 30 mins for 1 drink. When we returned, there was only one bike left and we asked a gentleman if he noticed when the other bike was taken. He was there for the last 20 mins and only noticed 1bike the whole time. So, the other bike was only there for 10 mins until it was "stolen"
      We literally took 5 steps away from where the bike was stolen and lord behold there was, Perry's main rental office, and brought it up to their attention. They had cameras right on the bikes so we could definitely see who took it.
      They started looking at footage to find who stole the bike... 30 mins later we are still looking at foootgae. Mind you, they know exactly what time we arrived and I know the bike was stolen within a 10 mins span. So, why did they tell us a guy arrived and took our bike to apparently give himself an "upgrade"? I then asked to see footage so I can make a theft report. They said oh that didn't happen and now all the sudden the footage looks blurry. Then they started to become concern about the time were taking to look up footage and wanted me to go home and they would follow up with me. I didn't mind them taking up my time as they were about to charge me $375 for a replacement. They were NOT BUSY AT ALL and had 5-6 people in their office texting and brainstorming. But they insisted me to head home and they will message me the camera footage later. Here I am 2 hours later writing this review and I still haven't heard from them.
      But they were so kind enough to tell me to call my credit card company and report the bike stolen. Somehow they just knew my credit card company would reimburse me. (Which they did)
      Long story short.... This bike rental place can not be trusted. I parked my bike 5 steps away from their main office with cameras and all. They could not give me footage and charged me for replacement. They told me it's $375 for replacement but at the end they told me they will discount it for $275. How does this happen? Especially when BOTH bikes were locked up with key/ combination. The only people with extra keys and combo is the bike rental place. That lock was not cut nor open, but one bike was gone within 10 mins and no footage could be found.

If you rent a bike from perrys rental... DO NOT EAT AT PERRYS CAFE!!!! As that cafe is owned by the bike company and the bike parking station you can not see from where you dine from. BUT DEFINITELY CAN BE SEEN BY THE MAIN RENTAL OFFICE. they know combo and have keys and won't show you footage and will charge you yo replace the bike!
      But no worries they will insist for you to call your credit card company to get a chargeback. So they get one star for that advise.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Business owner information

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

• Photo of Tiffany S.
      Tiffany S.
      Santa Monica, CA
      Dec 18, 2023

I go to Perry's multiple times a week. Stepanie always takes such care of me and my volleyball crew. She is quick
      and does such an amazing job at multi tasking. Everyone is super polite and believe it or not the food is decent. Beach cafes get a bad wrap but Perry's is a cut above the rest if you know what to order.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

Dec 23, 2023

Hi Tiffany, thank you for writing a review. Customer satisfaction is our first priority, so we are so glad you had a positive experience at Perry's Cafe! We hope to see you again soon!

• Photo of Robb M.
      Robb M.
      Los Angeles, CA
      Jan 1, 2024

Good food and great location! The girl working the counter was really nice too. We love Santa Monica Beach and Perry's is an institution

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

Feb 13, 2024

Hi Robb, thank you so much for writing a review! We are so glad you had a positive experience with our staff, as customer service is our first priority. We hope to see you again soon!

• Photo of Jada M.
      Jada M.
      Los Angeles, CA
      Feb 1, 2023

I love Perry's. I don't have a bike so renting a bike for $12 for the hour is affordable and the bikes are all in good condition. Anytime I've had food here, it's always been so good! Great atmosphere, great service.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

Feb 9, 2023

Hi Jada,
      Thank you for the positive feedback. Our food is always made fresh to order and we aim to maintain our bikes in the best working condition. We hope to see you again in the near future!

• Photo of Scott K.
      Scott K.
      San Francisco, CA
      Dec 12, 2023

The service here is GREAT! Big shout-out to Steph who is always so helpful and friendly. :) -- Scott

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

Dec 15, 2023

Hi Scott, we're so glad you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for writing a review. We hope to see you again soon!

• Photo of Phyllis H.
      Phyllis H.
      White Plains, NY
      Nov 28, 2023

Fabulous experience renting bikes-came 2 days in a row and staff --special shout out to BRIAN!- was wonderful- prompt, courteous, helpful
      For a great biking experience don't hesitate to rent here and follow it by a snack and chilling out in the comfy set up by the beach!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

Dec 1, 2023

Hi Phyllis, thank you for writing a review. Customer service is our first priority, so we are very glad you had a positive experience with Brian! We hope to see you again soon!

• Photo of Lisa M.
      Lisa M.
      Encinitas, CA
      Nov 20, 2023

The breakfast burrito was the bomb! And large enough to feed two of us. I will definitely be back if in the area again!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

Nov 22, 2023

Hi Lisa, thank you for writing a review! All of our food is fresh and made-to-order, so we are very glad you enjoyed it! We hope to see you again soon

• Photo of Bia B.
      Bia B.
      San Fernando Valley, CA
      Aug 31, 2023

really laidback and cozy. curly fries ($7) were amazing and came with a generous portion of ranch (important!)

Seasoned Curly Fries sooo good
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

Sep 10, 2023

Hi Bia, we're so glad you had a nice time! We hope to see you again soon :)

• Photo of Rudy S.
      Rudy S.
      Miami, FL
      Aug 11, 2023

On my most recent visit to your establishment, I was truly taken aback by the exceptional service delivered by your staff. Very friendly and they took great care to ensure that my orders aligned perfectly with my expectations. and the overall ambiance with the musical classics and beach view makes an absolutely sensational experience. Thank you!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

• Photo of Martha A.
      Martha A.
      Los Angeles, CA
      May 29, 2023

10/10; Prices are very reasonable. Got an Avocado Toast and it was so yummy ! Def recommend !
      Workers were nice and mannerly.
      They accept apple pay!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Richard C.

Richard C.

18 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    RED O Cantina
    4.0 (874 reviews)

0.3 miles away from this business

Allie C. said"I came here last night with my girlfriends and we sat at the bar for a couple drinks, the bartender was extremely friendly and the drinks were all exactly what we wanted, and needed. As we starting looking through the menu we…"read more

in Breakfast & Brunch, Mexican

Solé Bicycles
    4.5 (77 reviews)

2.0 miles away from this business

Solé Bicycles is an independent manufacturer of affordable & stylish leisure bicycles.read more

in Bike Repair/maintenance, Bikes, Bike Rentals

Collections Including Perry's Cafe and Beach Rentals - Santa Monica

People Also Viewed